This course would be suitable for managers and or supervisors who work in a business where food is prepared and served to the public.
By taking part in this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills of the legal responsibilities and good practice in food hygiene. This will ensure that the handling of food will be as hygienic and safe as possible.
The course is given in 17 modules:
1) Introduction to supervising food safety
2) Food safety legislation
3) Food contamination
4) Controlling contamination
5) Micro organisms
6) Food Poisoning and food bourne illness
7) Non Bacterial Food Poisoning
8) Temperature control
9) Checking, verifying & recording temperatures
10) Food preservation
11) Premises & equipment design
12) Waste, cleaning & disinfection
13) Pest control
14) Personal hygiene
15) Training staff
16) Implementing a food safety management policy
17) Food safety management tools
Theory test & Practical skills abilities assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Level 3 HACCP Management Certificate endorsed by FSPA – Food Safety Professionals Association
Any special needs / requirements should be identified at the time of booking. Participants should be advised to dress appropriately, due to the nature of the course, there may be manual skills.
Course Length: 2.5 days
Maximum no. Participants: 15 per instructor
Refresher Training: Certificate valid for 5 years. Food handlers who remain in the industry may progress to QQI Level 5 Food Safety Training.